St Joseph School
St. Joseph School is a part of St. Joseph Church. It has a Lower School for prekindergarten through fourth grade located in Oradell, while grades five through eight attend classes across the street in the Upper School in New Milford.
The Upper School was built in 1939 and the Lower School was constructed in 1957. Classes are held for regular and special education students from kindergarten and up. Students in kindergarten are split between an all-day, extended day and transition programs. The transition program allows for kindergarten-age students to spend an extra year in school prior to beginning regular schooling.
Students at the Lower School are escorted each morning from the car to the entrance by Principal Colette Vail. And each year, during Catholic Schools Week, the eighth grade class competes in an annual volleyball game against faculty members.
- Fax: 201-261-0830
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 8am - 3pm
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Number of students: 400
- Public/Private: Private
- Financial aid: Yes
- Religious affiliation: Catholic
- Accreditation/licenses: Middle State Accredited
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Number of faculty: 35
- Grade levels: PreK-8
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Language lab, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: http://sjsusa.org/#/student-life/clubs
- Sports teams: Boys' and Girls' CYO basketball and track
- Uniforms: Yes