Oradell Public Library
In February 1913, the Oradell Public Library was a goal thought up by a group of residents. Just a few weeks later, that same group of residents created a Board of Trustees and officially opened library's doors.
The library was expanded in 1940 to include a non-fiction room and office area. It now covers a two-story building with a basement that houses the Archive Room and media collections. The first floor features the adult sections and reference collection, while the second floor is dedicated to the young adult and children's sections.
The library features several works of art that were donated by Oradell artist Charles Livingston Bull, included an owl bookplate and cougar painting.
- Hours: Mon - Wed, 10am - 9pm; Thu - Sat, 10am - 5pm; Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: Ramp and elevators available
- Founding Date: 1913
- Parking: Free lot
- Size of collection: 30,000
- Specialties: Archive room features historical artifacts for the Borough of Oradell.
- Services: Audiobooks, Movies, Music CDs, Research databases, Resources for job seekers
- Internet use policy: First come, first serve
- Programs/classes: Book Club, computer classes, lectures, story time, Teen Advisory Board
- Wi-Fi: Free