Family Martial Arts Center (FMA) / Shin Budo Karate LLC
FMA is a family-friendly center for martial arts and fitness. Its offerings include boot camp, spin classes and a range of group events, as well as a plethora of self-defense classes, such as karate, aikido, jiu jitsu, judo and kickboxing. The facility now also includes a new yoga/Pilates studio open to participants at every level of ability.
- Fax: 201-265-8885
- Hours: Classes: Mon - Fri, 3:30pm - 9pm; Sat, 8:30am - 11:30am; Sun, closed; check Web site for specific class times
- Handicap Accessible: Ramps, some steps, accessible second floor via elevator
- Founding Date: 2003
- What makes this community special?: River Edge is a real family community, and it's a close-knit group of people who come to FMA. We've attracted a solid following from word of mouth, and we cultivate a positive environment.
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Discover, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Discounts: Corporate, Group/family, Student, Volume/season
- Parking: Free lot
- Private events: Yes
- Number of classes/week: 25
- Average class size: 15
- Number of instructors: 9
- Approx. male-to-female ratio: 65% female to 35% male
- Type: Aikido, Jiu Jitsu, Judo, Karate, Kickboxing
- Uses ranking system: Yes
- Uses weight classification: No
- Participates in competitions: Yes
- What is the school's training philosophy?: Training that gives you positive results.