- Palisades Interstate Park Commission Hike: Carpenter's Loop 10 a.m. Guided hike with Karl Schwartz. About 4 mi. in about 2.5 hrs. over easy trails with a moderately steep ascent. Meet at the Englewood Boat Basin, PIP Exit 1, Englewood Cliffs.
- Outdoor Craft Show at The Hermitage 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. The Hermitage
335 N Franklin Turnpike, Ho-Ho-Kus.
- Saturday Morning Science at Mahwah Library 11 a.m. Mahwah Library
100 Ridge Road, Mahwah.
- Oakland Farmers Market, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Municipal Lot, Ramapo Valley Road
- Allendale Farmers Market 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. NJ Transit Lot, Allendale Avenue
- Wine Festival at Demarest Farm, all day Saturday and Sunday. Demarest Farm, 244 Wierimus Road, Hillsdale.
- Abma's Farm Annual Corn Fest 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. Abma's Farm, 700 Lawlins Road, Wyckoff.
- Ramapo-Bergen Animal Refuge Copper Tree Mall Gift Shop 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Copper Tree Mall, 350 Ramapo Valley Road, Oakland.
- Les Miserables presented by the New Vision Players is playing at the Fair Lawn Community Center, 10-10 20th Street ,Fair Lawn. The show starts at 2 p.m. and 8 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Tickets are $19 for students and seniors. $23 for adults.
- Fort Lee Movie and Music Under the Stars features the band Brother Jocephus and the Love Revolution at 7 p.m. followed by Wes Anderson's Moonrise Kingdom starring Bruce Willis, Edward Norton, Bill Murray and Frances McDormand. Rated PG-13. Bring food and have a picnic dinner on the great lawn. The Fort Lee Community Center is located at 1355 Inwood Terrace, Fort Lee.
- 33 Variations -- a a drama by Moises Kaufman presented by Teaneck New Theater, playing at the Hackensack Cultural Arts Center, 39 Broadway, Hackensack. 8 p.m. Friday, Saturday; 3 p.m. Sunday.
- Ramapo Bike Rally 8 a.m. Campgaw County Park, Campgaw Road, Mahwah.
- Butterflies for Beginners at Teaneck Creek Conservancy 9:30 a.m. Teaneck Creek Conservancy, 20 Puffin Way, Teaneck.
- Maywood Street Fair 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Downtown Maywood, E. Pleasant Avenue, Maywood.
- Turtle Parade at Flat Rock Brook Nature Center 2 p.m. Flat Rock Brook Nature Center, 443 Van Nostrand Avenue, Englewood.
- Palisades Interstate Park Geology Rocks Hike 2 p.m. About 2 mi. in about 2 hrs. over easy (but rocky) trails. Children must be accompanied by an adult. Free. Englewood Boat Basin, PIP Exit 1, Englewood Cliffs.
- Fairlawn Summer Outdoor Concert 8 p.m. The Kootz. Memorial Park, 1st Street, Fair Lawn.
- Oradell Farmers Market 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Lot Behind Post office, Kinderkamack Road, Oradell.
- Fort Lee Farmers Market 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Fort Lee Community Center, 1355 Inwood Terrace, Fort Lee.
- Ridgewood Farmers Market 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Train Station, Garber Square, Ridgewood.
- Ramsey Farmers Market 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Train Station, Main Street, Ramsey.