The River Edge Public Library kicks off its Fall Storytime with the following programs:
- Lap Lizards Monday, Sept. 30 from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. For children birth to 23 months. Fifteen minutes of rhymes, stories and finger-plays for the youngest ones (with an accompanying adult) followed by an informal play group with toys from our collection.
- Tiger Twos Tuesday, Oct. 1 from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. For children two years old. Twenty minutes of songs, stories, finger-plays and fun followed by informal play group with toys from our collection.
- Kiss a Frog Tuesday, Oct. 1 from 4 p.m. to 4:45 p.m. For Kindergarteners and five year olds. Fun with fairy tales and a craft with Madeline Maresca (Teacher-Storyteller).
- Fireflies Thursday, Oct. 3 from 10:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. or 1:30 p.m. to 2 p.m. For three and four year olds on their own. Share stories, fingerplays, flannel boards and filmstrips with Mary Anne Guiliano (Youth Services Librarian).
The Mayor's Wellness Challenge kicks into high gear this week. Here's what's being offered to River Edge residents:
- Monday, Sept. 30 at 6 p.m.: Tennis with Harry van Meines & Rosa DiStefano-- Tennis Courts, Continental Ave.
- Monday, Sept. 30 at 7 p.m.: Biggest Loser Kick Off Weigh In--River Edge Ambulance Building.
- Tuesday, Oct. 1 at 9:15 a.m.: Group Walk with Ellen Busteed & Kit Clarke--meet at the River Edge Library on Elm Ave.
- Wednesday, Oct. 2 at 7:15 p.m.: Group Walk with Eileen Hanrahan--meet at the River Edge Library on Elm Ave.
- Friday, Oct. 4 at 9 a.m.: Group Walk with Annie Wechsler--meet at the River Edge Library on Elm Ave.
- Friday, Oct. 4 at 7 p.m.: Friday Night Fit Club--New Bridge Center Project Room.
- Saturday, Oct. 5 at 10 a.m.: Boot Camp in the Park (Rain Date 10/12)--Memorial Park, Continental Ave.
- Sunday, Oct. 6 at 2 p.m.: Bicycle & Pedestrian Workshop--Memorial Park, Continental Ave.
The Oradell Public Library is hosting an author reception and book signing on Monday, Sept. 30 at 7 p.m. for Oradell native and River Dell High School graduate, Chris Campanioni's Going Down. Campanioni, who is a model, actor, and writing professor, is appearing with his new book Going Down with a reception and book-signing. This free event is sponsored by the Friends of the Library in the South Reading Room of the Library.
Oradell Public Library Fall Storytimes for the week of Oct. 4 are:
- Baby & Me Mondays at 10:30 a.m. for newborns to 24 months. Stories, singing, movement, and free play with age-appropriate toys.
- Toddler Time Mondays at 11:30 a.m. for children 2 to 3 1/2 years old. Stories and activities that celebrate toddlers as they explore the world around them.
- Preschool Adventures Two daytime options--Wednesdays at 10:30 a.m. and Thursdays at 2 p.m. For children ages: 3 1/2 - 5 yrs old |
Each week there is a new adventure...limited only by imagination.
The River Dell PTO (Parent Teacher Organization) is meeting Tuesday, Oct. 1 at 7 p.m. in the River Dell High School Library.
Flu Clinic for Oradell Seniors will be held on Thursday, October 3 from 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. on the second floor of Borough Hall (elevator is available). You must be 65 or older and have Medicare Part B (no HMO), or you may receive the flu vaccine if you are chronically ill and have a note from your physician.