Following in early June, the River Edge Board of Education has a vacancy for an unexpired term and the deadline to apply is August 1.
Residents who would like to fill this term and are available immediately are asked to send a letter of intent to the Board Secretary at the Board of Education, 410 Bogert Road, River Edge.
Candidates will be interviewed by the Board of Education, following the August 1 deadline and the appointment will be made by Board vote and effective until the next election.
Legal requirements for becoming a member of a local Board of Education are as follows:
- A citizen of the United States of America
- At least 18 years of age
- An ability to read and write
- One-year residency in the district, prior to date of election
- No interest in any contract with or claim against the board
- A registered voter in the district
- Not disqualified as a voter uner N.J.S.A. 19:4-1
- Not hold office as Mayor or member of the governing body of the same district