The Bergen County Board of Freeholders will make their final decision regarding the on March 21, 8pm at One Bergen County Plaza, Hackensack. The County Open Space Trust Funding from 2010 is currently up-in-the-air as to whether or not the Hackensack Waterworks will receive grant funding for the stabilization and closure of the site. Freeholder John Felice had proposed it to Saddle River.
Tax Assessor Jim Anzevino will be on hand during the River Edge Mayor and Council 7pm work session on Monday evening to discuss the completed reassessment results. A public session at 8pm will follow.
Don't forget that the is taking place this week. Showtimes are Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 8pm and Saturday at 2pm. Tickets are $15, seniors $10, group discounts available.
Do you know Bergen County was a Revolutionary War battleground? Reach out and touch the past—perhaps as close as your own backyard on Saturday and Sunday at Historic New Bridge Landing, when the Bergen County Historical Society presents . Meet mebers of His Majesty’s 22nd Regiment of Foot and Loyalist 4th Battalion, NJ Volunteers, or learn about the Historic New Bridge and a Revolutionary War Guidebook to Bergen County.
Scrimmages of the Week:
- Golden Hawks are on the road to take on the Ridgewood Maroons baseball team at 4pm on Monday and then on Wednesday is home against Waldwick, 4pm. Rutherford comes to visit on Thursday, 4pm and then heads to Old Tappan on Saturday, 11am.
- Girls Lacrosse is home against Mt. St. Dominic on Monday, 4pm and on Wednesday, 5pm against Morris Knolls.
- River Dell Boys Lacrosse travels to Oakland on Tuesday, 5pm to take on Indian Hills and is home on Saturday, 12pm as Vernon Township visits.
- Softball is home on Wednesday, 4:15pm as Ridgefield comes to visit and then welcomes New Milford on Friday, 4:15pm. Taking to the road on Saturday, 11:45am, River Dell takes on James Caldwell and Mt. St. Dominick in a double-header.
- Hawks tennis is home on Thursday, 4pm against Leonia and goes down the road to Paramus on Friday, 4pm.
- Crusader Lacrosse welcomes the Hotchkiss School on Monday, 4pm before heading on the road to Princeton on Wednesday, 4:30pm and then Notre Dame on Saturday, 10am.
- Bergen Catholic volleyball is away on week to St. Peter's Prep on Wednesday, 4pm; Vernon Township on Thursday, 4:30pm and then to Christian Brothers Academy on Saturday, 10am.