More than just a repository for vital public records, the Bergen County Clerk's Office offers services ranging from the processing passports to performing marriage ceremonies. Since taking office, John Hogan, Bergen County Clerk, said it has been his goal to streamline the services that his office provides by consolidating information and making it available to the residents of Bergen County. One way he has done this is by creating a website that provides residents with all of the information that they need right at their fingertips.
In addition to handling elections and voting, the Clerk's Office also offers the following services:
- Processing, expediting and renewals of all passports
- Business services such as trade name registration, adding a partner, closing a business and more.
- Notary public registration.
- Land records--recording of legal documents associated with the buying and selling of property, such as mortgages and deeds, and other documents affecting real estate.
- Veteran's Service Cards, Firemen's Exemption Card, Physician License registration.
- Civil Unions and marriages.
Click here to visit the Bergen County Clerk's Office website.
The Bergen County Clerk's Office is located at One Bergen County Plaza, Hackensack.
Follow RiverDell Patch on Facebook and Twitter; Click here to sign-up for our daily newsletter and get local news like this delivered to your in-box.