The Challenge kicks off Friday night with Friday Night Fit Club at 7 p.m. at the New Bridge Center Project Room. The leader of the Fit Club is Eileen Tessalone, a River Edge resident with over 20 years experience as a Trainer and Instructor teaching over 5000 classes. Bring a mat, water & a towel. Must be 16 or older to sign up. YOU MUST BRING A PARTNER! Every week, something different is featured. You never know.....we're pretty sure that there will be prizes!
In addition to the Friday Night Fit Club, here's what else you can look forward to:
- Friday Night Fit Club -- Eileen Tessalone, Certified Personal Trainer
- Biggest Loser Competition -- Niamh van Meines, nurse practitioner and River Edge volunteer ambulance corps. member. This event is being sponsored by Anita DaSilva, State Farm Agent. The winner of this event will receive a $500 prize.
- Walking Groups:
- Eileen Busteed & Kit Clarke Tuesday at 9:15 a.m. in front of library
- Eileen Hanrahan Wednesday 7:15 p.m. in front of library
- Group Walks with Annie Wechsler Friday and Saturday mornings
- Pack Walk with Your Dog Sunday at 3 p.m. with Frank Pugliese
- Tennis Monday 6 p.m. with Harry van Meines
- Boot Camp in Memorial Park with Evette Halligan beginning Oct. 5.
- Yoga at FMA with Evette Halligan beginning in Nov.
- Cooking with the Mayor
- Nutrition Presentation with nutritionist Chrissie Grivas
- Farmers Market for Spring 2014
- Yoga class with Krishna -- Free
- CPR Course with Niamh van Meines
- Walking school bus -- Roosevelt and Cherry PTO
- Bike to School Day -- Roosevelt and Cherry PTO
- National Healthcare Decisions Day with Niamh van Meines
- Advance Directive presentation with Niamh van Meines
- Author and River Edge resident Dr Doug Levine will be speaking at the River Edge Library on Sept 24 at 7 p.m. Topic will be stress management and cancer.
- Belly Dancing Class with Amira Mor
- Kid events
- Hackensack University Medical Center (HUMC) and 24 Hour Fitness participation in events.