If you were thinking of running over to either borough hall on Monday, you will need to wait until Tuesday. Borough offices will be closed in recognition of Lincoln's Birthday.
Senior Citizens in Oradell can celebrate Valentine's Day with that special someone or a group of friends by heading over to the Senior Citizens/Veterans Center for a pancake breakfast from 10am to 1pm. Or later that night, swing over to River Dell High School for a classical piano concert with Oradell resident .
Residents have their pick of government meetings this week with the River Dell Board of Education convening at 8pm on Monday to recognize the Volleyball team whose dream season brought to River Dell a and .
Wednesday night three meetings will take place with the Oradell Council work session at 7pm; Oradell Board of Education at 7:30pm; and the River Edge Board of Education at 7:30pm in Cherry Hill School for a student-led board meeting.
Celebrate on Sunday at during a Country Ball from 1 to 5pm. Eighteenth century dancing will be featured in the Steuben House between 1:30 and 4 PM under Denise Piccino’s direction with Ridley & Anne Enslow providing musical accompaniment on fiddle and hammered dulcimer. Throughout the afternoon, Rodger Yaden will portray General George Washington and Revolutionary War re-enactors from the Third New Jersey Regiment will be on the grounds.
Games of the Week
- Boys basketball takes on Westwood at home on Tuesday, 4pm and then heads off to Ramsey on Thursday, 7pm.
- Girls' basketball is in Westwood on Tuesday, 4pm; plays host to Ramsey on Thursday, 7pm; and then on Saturday is on the road to Union City, 1pm.
- Hockey closes out the season on Friday at the Ice House, 5:35pm against Bayonne.
- Track is again in Toms River at the Bennet Center on Saturday, 9am for the State Group competition.
- Wrestling is hosting the District 8 two-day tournaments on Friday, 6pm and Saturday, 10am.
- Hockey heads to the Holleydell Ice Arena in Sewell on Monday, 4:30pm against the Gloucester Catholic Rams. Then Morristown High School is on the schedule for Wednesday, 5:45pm at the Mennen Sports Arena in Morristown.
- Basketball is on the road on Tuesday, 7pm to Passaic High School and then is home on Thursday, 7pm against St. Joseph Regional.
- Track will be at the Toms River Bennett Center on Friday, 4pm for the NonPublic Group championship.