Welcome to the "Week Ahead," a weekly column that highlights what is coming up this week in RiverDell as the River Dell and Oradell Board of Education are set to meet as well as the Oradell Council.
During Monday's 8pm meeting, members of the Oradell-Emerson Rotary Club will be presenting a check in the amount of $1,144 to the school's Interact Club as part of a share of net proceeds from the Annual Spaghetti Dinner held in October.
Tuesday night the all-Republican Oradell Council will have its first work session of the year. The meeting starts at 7pm at .
Then on Wednesday the has a 7:30pm meeting in the media center.
Games of the week include:
- Bowling will roll against rivals Indian Hills (Wednesday) and Mahwah (Friday) at the Holiday Bowl in Oakland this week. Game times are at 4pm.
- Boys' basketball has a tough week ahead of them with Pascack Valley (Tuesday, away 7pm), Tenafly (Thursday, home 4pm), and Ridgewood (Friday, away 5:30pm).
- The Lady Hawks enter a tough stretch of thes season with rivals Pascack Valley (Tuesday, home 7pm) and Tenafly (Thursday, away 7pm).
- Ice hockey won't have an easy weekend at the Ice House, 3pm on Sunday when the Clifton Mustangs comes to visit.
- Indoor track heads to Fairleigh Dickinson University on Tuesday at 4pm for the NJ Championships.
- Swimming starts the week off at Bergen Community College when the Ramapo Raiders come to visit Monday 5:30pm. Then on Sunday, the Hawks along with swimmers from around the League head to the Felix Festa Pool in Nyack, NY for the Big North Meet starting at 7am.
- Wrestling has a trio of meets with Clifside Park on Wednesday (away 7pm), Mahwah on Friday (home 7pm) and then a dual meet against Cresskill and Bogota on Saturday (away 10am).
- Swimming will be challenged once again this week with the Ramapo Raiders on Thursday, 3:30pm at the Garfield Boys Club.
- Bowling has a light week with one game - Paramus Catholic on Thursday, 4pm at Bowler City in Hackensack.
- On the court, the Crusaders will face a tough Hackensack squad on Tuesday (home 7pm) and then a scrappy DePaul Catholic on Thursday (home 7pm).
- Wrestling is home on Wednesday 7pm as the DePaul Catholic Spartans come to visit and then away on Friday at St. Joseph Regional of Montvale at 6pm.
- Indoor track takes to the Millrose Trials at The Armory Track in New York City on Wednesday, 4pm. On Sunday, the team heads to the Bennett Center in Toms River for the NJSIAA Relays.
- Hockey has the week off from the regular season to focus on the first ever Bergen County Tournament. All games will be played at the Ice Vault in Wayne with the first round on Thursday, January 12.