Since mid-November, the River Edge Council has been running with an empty seat following the resignation of . Tonight, the Council will honor Rush's contributions to the Council and vote on her replacement.
The River Edge Democratic Committee, led by Councilman Tom Smith, will propose a nomination during the Council's regular session meeting at 8pm.
There is a lot also going on this week, so take a look at our quick snapshot of the week ahead.
- The meets at 7pm for a work session and 8pm for a regular meeting.
- The will hold its monthly meeting at 7:30pm.
- kicks off its 2010-11 bowling season against Passaic at Bowler City, 4pm.
- The Golden Hawks hockey faces Newark East Side, 3:45 pm at the Prudential Center.
- Bowling takes on Indian Hills, 4pm at Holiday Bowl in Oakland to start the season.
- The swim teams take to the pool against Fair Lawn, 2:30pm in their season opener.
- The will have a short meeting at 8pm.
- The bowling squad heads to Bowler City at 4pm to take on the Paramus Catholic Paladins.
- The bowling takes on Mahwah, Friday at 4pm at Bowler City. While the hockey squad takes on Paramus Catholic, Friday at 7:30pm at the Ice House. The Hawks play again on Saturday against the Jonathan Dayton School, 2:30pm at the Ice House.
- faces off against St. Peter's on Sunday, 4:15pm at the Ice House.
- will perform their annual production of on Saturday and Sunday at 7:30pm and 2pm on Sunday. Taking the stage in the roll of the Sugar Plum Fairy are Maddie Ricca and Tori Hughes of Oradell, and Chiara Ferrari Wong of Westwood.
- Actors from both River Edge and Oradell and Broadway stars Paul Hecht and Mary Stout, sponsored by the Water Works Conservancy tackle Charles Dickens' "" on Saturday, 7:30pm, Oradell Public School Auditorium, 350 Prospect Avenue.