After appearing before the Oradell Planning Board and being told that a proposal for a Subway franchise on Kinderkamack Road , Sanjeet Patel will now go before the borough's Zoning Board of Adjustment this week for approval.
The Zoning Board of Adjustment meets on Monday, 7:30pm in Council Chambers.
Patel's proposal, which now needs a D variance to move forward, is to refit 387 Kinderkamack Road for a Subway where used to be. The location is in between and , and would provide on-street parking and the option to eat-in or take-out.
Part of the construction work would include changing the front door, new signage, and building an enclosed garbage structure at the rear of the building.
When he appeared before the Planning Board in early August, it was deemed that his conditional use application did not comply with the borough's ordinance.
Oradell's Land Use ordinance defines a restaurant as "an establishment where food and drink are prepared, served, and consumed, mostly within the principle building." Additionally, the ordinance outlines that all "food shall be served by waiter(s) and consumed only at tables located on the premises."
The Oradell Board of Education is scheduled to meet on Wednesday, 7:30pm in the OPS Media Center.
Fall athletics will begin their pre-season scrimmages this week:
- Bergen Catholif Football vs. Paul VI, Wednesday 1pm
- River Dell Football vs. Mountain Lakes, Orange and Colmbia, Wednesday 5pm
- River Dell Volleyball vs. Bogota, Morristown, Pascack Valley, Thursday 9am
- River Dell Field Hockey at Pingry, Thursday 10am
- River Dell Boys Soccer vs. Fair Lawn, Thursday 10am
- River Dell Girls Soccer vs. Old Tappan, Friday 11am
- River Dell Field Hockey at Wayne Hills, Friday 2pm
- River Dell Volleyball vs. Demarest, Mount Olive and West Morris Central, Saturday 9am
- River Dell Boys Soccer vs. Paramus, Saturday 10am
- Bergen Catholic Football vs. East Orange, Saturday 12pm
- Bergen Catholic Soccer at Demarest, Sunday 2pm