MONDAY:Borough Halls are closed in recognition of Columbus Day.
TUESDAY: Oradell Council meets at 7pm in Council Chambers.
WEDNESDAY: The Zoning Board of Adjustment has a short agenda at 8pm to memorialize the prior approval for Brian and Mary Lyn Finnerty to build a deck on their Manning Avenue property.
THURSDAY: Move over, Great Pumpkin. There are over 2,000 pumpkins, ripe for the picking, at the First Congregational Church's Pumpkin Patch. Home made baked goods and other delights will also be available for sale. Returning customers will be glad to know the mouthwatering apple butter and apple sauce, fruit pies, breads, and other treats will be back. The Patch will be opened daily, from morning until 7 or 8 PM.
WEEKEND: Experience running battles that occurred in Bergen County in 1780, highlighting New Bridge as a Revolutionary War battleground, at Historic New Bridge Landing, 1201-1209 Main Street, on Saturday, 11 am to 4 pm and Sunday, 11 am to 3 pm. Hosted by Outwater's Militia, the 4th NJ Volunteers and Bergen County Historical Society, 40 re-enactors are scheduled to demonstrate period trades and cooking. Children's drills and battle reenactments occur both days. Activities include a scavenger hunt.
The annual River Edge Day is here, Sunday from 1 to 4pm at Veteran's Memorial Park. Earlier in the morning bring down your old documents and watch them be shredded, courtesy of the Green Team. The REFD is hosting a pink fire truck in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness and there will be demonstrations, information handouts, free raffles, vendors and refreshments. The Junior Women’s Club of River Edge is hosting a pumpkin pie contest while the River Edge Education Foundation sponsors a Chili Challenge.
Games of the Week
- Tennis at Passaic County Tech, Monday 4pm
- Volleyball vs. Rutherford, Monday 4:15pm
- Boys Soccer vs. Westwood, Monday 6:30pm
- Field Hockey vs. Wayne Hills, Tuesday 4:15pm
- Tennis at Pascack Hills, Tuesday 4:15pm
- Volleyball vs. Pasack Hills, Tuesday 4:15pm
- Girls Soccer at Westwood, Tuesday 6:30pm
- Tennis vs. Pascack Valley, Wednesday 4:15pm
- Cross Country vs. Mahwah, Pascack Hills, Ramsey, and Westwood in Patriot Division Championships at Darlington, Thursday 3:30pm
- Volleyball at Dumont, Thursday 4:15pm
- Field Hockey vs. Old Tappan, Thursday 7pm
- Boys Soccer at Pascack Hills, Thursday 7pm
- Field Hockey at Demarest, Friday 4pm
- Tennis vs. Park Ridge, Friday 4pm
- Girls Soccer vs. Pascack Hills, Friday 4:15pm
- Volleyball vs. Ridge, Friday 4:15pm
- Football at Pascack Hills, Friday 6pm
- Cross County vs. Don Bosco, Paramus Catholic, St. Joseph and DePaul at United Division Championships at Darlington, Thursday 4pm
- Soccer at Wayne Hills, Thursday 4:15pm
- Football vs. Cocoa High School (Fla.), Saturday 1pm
All scheduled games are weather permitting.