A workshop led by a panel of franchise owners, lenders and professionals is scheduled for Wednesday, Jan. 29, in Maywood.
Attendees at the SCOREBergen presentation are invited to ask the expert panel questions in order to help determine whether or not to purchase a franchise, according to a release from the nonprofit group.
The workshop will cover the rewards and risks of franchise ownership, which opportunities are best, the right time to buy a franchise, costs and financing options, how franchises compare to other start-up businesses.
Scheduled moderators and panel members include:
- Frank Dunne (Moderator) is a franchisee and a FranNet Franchise Fit/Placement Specialist for the NY/NJ area.
- Henry Cruz (Panelist) is a SCOREBergen volunteer
- Kim Graham (Panelist) is a senior consultant at Benetrends.
- Lisa Blase (Panelist) is a franchise attorney.
- Kaz Begonja (Panelist) is an owner/franchisee for Cell Phone Repair
To register and pay online, visit bergen.score.org/localworkshops. Attendees are requested to print and bring their admission tickets to the workshop and print their confirmation as receipt of payment.The event is scheduled for Jan. 29 from 7-9 p.m. at the Maywood Public Library, 459 Maywood Ave. in Maywood.
Tickets cost $20 in advance or $30 at the door.
For more information or to set up an appointment visit SCOREBergen online or call 201-336-6090.