Invite a friend
WORLD OF BASEBALL ECONOMICS
Ever wonder why the Yankees and the Red Sox have so more to spend than the Pittsburgh Pirates or Kansas City Royals?
Does spending money make good teams win or is it winning that makes good teams wealthy?
THE WORLD OF BASEBALL ECONOMICS
Join Oradell resident, Jim Lessersohn, as he transports us into the world of baseball! Jim represented the New York Times Company on the Owners Committee of Fenway Sports Group, owner of the Boston Red Sox, for ten years.
More About Oradell Public Library
In February 1913, the Oradell Public Library was a goal thought up by a group of residents. Just a few weeks later, that same group of residents created a Board of Trustees and officially opened library's doors.
The library was expanded in 1940 to include a non-fiction room and office area. It now covers a two-story building with a basement that houses the Archive Room and media collections. The first floor features the adult sections and reference collection, while the second floor is dedicated to the young adult and children's sections.
The library features several works of art that were donated by Oradell artist Charles Livingston Bull, included an owl bookplate and cougar painting.
Other events here
- BABY AND ME STORYTIME Weekly on Mondays, 10:30 am
- MORNING BOOK CLUB MY ANTONIA Tue, May 28, 11:00 am
- THE SIERRA CLUB - PROTECTING THE GREATER CANYONLANDS Wed, May 29, 7:00 pm
- Actors and Playwrights Workshop April 3, 2013 / May 1, 2013 / June 4, 2013, 7:00 pm
- Escape from Behind Enemy Lines - Operation Bonaparte Mon, Jun 10, 7:00 pm
- EVENING BOOK CLUB Wed, Jun 19, 7:00 pm
- THE CHARMER - The True Story of Robert Reldan - Rapist, Murderer and Millionaire Mon, Jun 24, 7:00 pm
- MORNING BOOK CLUB Tue, Jun 25, 11:00 am
- ALL-STAR BASEBALL - NEW YORK BASEBALL IN 1913 Mon, Jul 8, 7:00 pm
- A PERFORMANCE BY CHITO DAKAY Mon, Jul 15, 7:00 pm