When you think about it, exercise may in fact be more important for women than it is for men. It seems there are many health and weight-loss issues experienced by women that can be treated, or even avoided, by exercising regularly.
- It helps you lose weight. Yes, that is an obvious answer, but yet so powerful a reason to do it. Not only will exercise help control and manage your weight, but also as a result, you will feel better about yourself and avoid many problems associated with being overweight.
- It helps you stay busy. It sounds silly, but sometimes you need to get out and do something or risk losing your mind. You need to have an activity to fall back on when all social gatherings have ceased and the kids have grown up and have friends to occupy their time. No one wants to sit around all day and watch TV re-runs.
- It helps keep your heart healthy. If you have a family history of heart disease, regular activity can add a few years to your life. Exercise elevates your heart rate and breathing, making your heart healthier and stronger.
- Nothing relieves STRESS like exercise! If you find that things are becoming a bit more stressful at work or at home, it’s time to get up and go for a walk or bike ride, or maybe even visit your local health and fitness center. This will allow you to use all of that pent-up energy for more productive results.
- Moms who exercise set a great example to their children. The self-discipline can influence children in many ways, and the energy derived from exercise can allow moms to bring up healthier and successful children.
- Exercise is a vital part of preventing osteoporosis as this disease is particularly prominent in women. Lifting weights, running, yoga and other activities can help in preventing osteoporosis for a long time, if not permanently.
- Many doctors believe certain cancers, especially breast cancer, can be prevented with regular fitness activities. That’s a good enough reason right there.
- You will feel great when exercising regularly. If you’ve ever been out for a morning walk at sunrise, or even participated in a few laps around the track, you’ll know the feeling I’m talking about……endorphins being released into the bloodstream that energize well into most of your day.
- You will live longer! Research has shown that life extension is definitely a result of regular exercise…..no more words needed there.
THE GYM of Montvale
2 Chestnut Ridge Road
Montvale, NJ 07645