What You Need To Know About Hurricane Sandy In RiverDell
Continuously updated list of cancelations, closures and alerts as RiverDell residents deal with Hurricane Sandy
Hurricane Sandy rain is expected to begin after 9 a.m., with landfall expected later in the day on Monday, according to the National Weather Service.
Patch will keep a running list of cancelations, flooding updates, power outage updates, etc.
- All public and parochial Schools are closed through Tuesday.
- Both the River Edge and Oradell Libraries are closed.
- All Malls are closed.
- Oradell Borough Hall is Closed.
- Oradell garbage and recycling pickups are cancelled for Monday and Tuesday.
- All county parks are closed
- All county buildings are closed; County operations will be conducted from the public safety complex in Mahwah until further notice.
- The United States Postal Service has not yet announced closures or service interruptions to normal mail delivery, but said it might as the storm worsens. The USPS posted on its website that FedEx deliveries to Newark and NYC have been canceled Monday.
- All NJ TRANSIT Rail, Bus, Light Rail and Access Link service is suspended until further notice
- NJ PATH service is suspended
- From the NJ TRANSIT: System-wide cross-honoring of all rail, bus and light rail tickets will be in effect through Wednesday, October 31, until 6 a.m. This will allow customers holding NJ TRANSIT tickets to use alternate means of transportation to get to their final destination, such as PATH, PATCO and private bus carriers. Due to the duration of the storm and the potential impact to the NJ TRANSIT system, this timeframe could be extended if necessary.
- Follow RiverDell Patch on Facebook
- Follow RiverDell Patch on Twitter
- Click here to get the Patch app for free on iTunes. Not only can you read news on it, but post photos and videos as well.
- Continuous Live coverage starts via Patch’s CoveritLive module at 8 a.m. Monday
- Sign up for the borough's Nixle text messaging alert service by clicking here.
- Call 911 for emergencies only. Non-emergency calls can be made to 201-262-1233 (River Edge) or 201-261-0200 (Oradell).
- Follow Oradell on Twitter.
Potential Power Outages and Flooding:
- Report downed power lines and power outages to PSE&G at 1-800-436-734.
- The county started setting up its first shelter at the Bergen Community College campus in Paramus.
- The borough is anticipating significant flooding along local rivers, streams and brooks. Evacuations may be necessary in areas where dangerous flooding may occur.