The Week Ahead: Rush Honored, Replacement Chosen for Council Seat
Meetings, athletics and entertainment round out the week
Since mid-November, the River Edge Council has been running with an empty seat following the resignation of Mary Anne Rush. Tonight, the Council will honor Rush's contributions to the Council and vote on her replacement.
The River Edge Democratic Committee, led by Councilman Tom Smith, will propose a nomination during the Council's regular session meeting at 8pm.
There is a lot also going on this week, so take a look at our quick snapshot of the week ahead.
- The River Edge Council meets at 7pm for a work session and 8pm for a regular meeting.
- The Oradell Planning Board will hold its monthly meeting at 7:30pm.
- Bergen Catholic kicks off its 2010-11 bowling season against Passaic at Bowler City, 4pm.
- The River Dell/Westwood Golden Hawks hockey faces Newark East Side, 3:45 pm at the Prudential Center.
- River Dell Bowling takes on Indian Hills, 4pm at Holiday Bowl in Oakland to start the season.
- The Bergen Catholic/IHA swim teams take to the pool against Fair Lawn, 2:30pm in their season opener.
- The River Edge Zoning Board will have a short meeting at 8pm.
- The Crusaders bowling squad heads to Bowler City at 4pm to take on the Paramus Catholic Paladins.
- The Golden Hawks bowling takes on Mahwah, Friday at 4pm at Bowler City. While the River Dell/Westwood hockey squad takes on Paramus Catholic, Friday at 7:30pm at the Ice House. The Hawks play again on Saturday against the Jonathan Dayton School, 2:30pm at the Ice House.
- BC hockey faces off against St. Peter's on Sunday, 4:15pm at the Ice House.
- Ballet Arts will perform their annual production of The Nutcracker on Saturday and Sunday at 7:30pm and 2pm on Sunday. Taking the stage in the roll of the Sugar Plum Fairy are Maddie Ricca and Tori Hughes of Oradell, and Chiara Ferrari Wong of Westwood.
- Actors from both River Edge and Oradell and Broadway stars Paul Hecht and Mary Stout, sponsored by the Water Works Conservancy tackle Charles Dickens' "A Christmas Carol" on Saturday, 7:30pm, Oradell Public School Auditorium, 350 Prospect Avenue.