Sr. Citizen Prom, Regional Budget Hearing and Blauvelt Mansion Sale Coming This Week
Here's a sneak peek of what's coming up in RiverDell this week
MONDAY: The River Edge Mayor and Council meet at 7pm work session where the governing body will discuss creating an honorary street sign dedicated to Cherry Hill crossing guard and local veteran Joe Maugeri. The 8pm regular meeting will include a public hearing on utilizing $10,000 towards sidewalk repairs and replacements following damage caused by Superstorm Sandy.
TUESDAY: The Williams College Elizabethan Renaissance a cappella choir will entertain all at the Oradell Public Library, 7pm. This widely sought-after Renaissance a cappella choral group is a student-run madrigal group comprised of nine members that will perform a mix of Renaissance fare, folk, spiritual, traditional, and pop music.
WEDNESDAY: Senior citizens from both towns are invited to attend the annual River Dell High School Interact Club's Senior Citizen's Prom in the high school cafeteria from 5 to 8pm.
THURSDAY: The Regional District, which introduced it's $30 million budget on March 4 will now hold a public hearing and final vote at 7pm at the high school. The budget includes the ability to hire two new teachers after refinancing the remaining debt service from the 2003 referendum for approximately $1.2 million in savings over a decade.
The River Edge Planning Board may review the proposed zoning change to allow duplexes on Park Avenue during its 8pm meeting. The ordinance, which would affect the eastern side of Park Avenue from Gates Avenue to Lincoln Avenue, was abandoned at the end of 2012 to allow residents more time to review the proposal.
According to the ordinance the buildings would have a maximum height of 30 feet from the ground to the roofline, be limited to two and a half stories and the garage would count as a single story. The duplexes could only be located on a property of approximately 7,500 square feet with a lot width of 70 feet and lot depth of 100 feet.
FRIDAY: Postponed four times already, the Blauvelt Mansion's foreclosure sale is currently scheduled for 2pm at the County Sheriff's Office in Hackensack. The sale includes two mortgages - $3.7 million owned by Valley National Bank and $735,000 owned by First Choice Bank.
THE WEEKEND: The River Dell Drama Club presents "Once Upon a Mattress" on Thursday and Friday, 8pm and Saturday, 2pm and 8pm.
Oradell's Girl Scouts will be selling cookies outside of local businesses on Kinderkamack Road on Saturday, 10am to 2pm.
Oradell Lions Club will be having their annual Pancake Breakfast on Sunday, 8am to 12pm at Bergen Catholic High School.
- Softball scrimmage at Old Tappan, Monday 4:15pm
- Tennis scrimmage Mountain Lakes, Monday 4:15pm
- Baseball scrimmage Bergenfield, Tuesday 4pm
- Softball scrimmage at Emerson, Tuesday 4pm
- Boys Lacrosse scrimmages Morris Hills, Tuesday 5pm
- Baseball scrimmages Glen Rock, Wednesday 4pm
- Tennis scrimmages Pascack Valley, Wednesday 4:15pm
- Girls Lacrosse scrimmages Demarest, Wednesday 4:30pm
- Softball scrimmages at New Milford, Thursday 4pm
- Baseball scrimmages Ridgewood, Friday 4pm
- Tennis scrimmages Leonia, Friday 4:15pm
- Baseball scrimmages at Lakeland, Saturday 11am
- Baseball scrimmage at Waldwick, Monday 4pm
- Vollyball tr-scrimmage at Montclair, Tuesday 4pm
- Volleyball scrimmage at Memorial West New York, Thursday 4pm
- Baseball scrimmage Clifton at Nash Park, Thursday 4pm
- Lacrosse scrimmage Fair Lawn, Thursday 4:30pm
- Baseball scrimmage at Northern Highlands, Friday 4pm
- Volleyball quad scrimmage, Saturday 10am
- Lacrosse scrimmage vs. Hotchkiss (CT), Saturday 3pm