Bergen County Highway Closures
The latest list of roads closed due to flooding and downed trees and poles.
Superstorm Sandy wreaked havoc on Bergen County, leaving large portions of highways closed due to flooding, downed trees, poles and live wires.
The latest list of road closures from the New Jersey Department of Transportation shows the following highways are blocked, as of Tuesday afternoon:
- NJ 208 Northbound, North of Ewing Av, (MM8.5), all lanes closed due to a downed tree.
- NJ 5 both directions, Bergen Blvd, (MM1.0), all lanes closed and detoured due to a downed pole
- NJ 67 both directions, CR 56/Main St, (MM1.1) , Fort Lee, all lanes closed due to a downed pole.
- US 46 both directions, New Jersey Turnpike, (MM70.9), all lanes closed and detoured due to downed wires.
- US 9W both directions, south of the Esplanade, (MM5.9), all lanes closed and detoured due to a downed tree.
- NJ 120/Paterson Plank Road is closed in both directions
- County Road 503, (MM1.0) all lanes closed and detoured due to a downed pole
- NJ 17 Northbound at East Union Avenue; (MM5.2) all lanes areclosed and detoured due to flooding.
- NJ 17 both Directions, CR 130/Orient Way, (MM3.0) all lanes closed and detoured due to a downed pole.
Please continue to check Patch for further updates throughout the day.