American Legion Demolition Ordinance Goes to First Reading
Here's a sneak peek of what's coming up in River Dell this week
MONDAY: The Mayor and Council have a long night ahead of them starting with a 7pm work session with the REFD requesting to use the American Legion for a fire drill. The building will also come up again at 8pm during the first reading of a funding ordinance to tear it down.
WEDNESDAY: The River Edge Board of Education has a 7:30pm meeting at Cherry Hill.
THURSDAY: The Planning Board has a scheduled 8pm meeting. The Oradell Board of Education is meeting at 8pm as well.
WEEKEND: Don't miss this fun event for the entire family, organized by the Oradell Special Events on Sunday, September 23 from 12 to 5pm and stop by the Patch table and say hi to Editor Eamon Harbord and Ad Manager Rebecca Fiorini.
Also the Bergen County Historical Society will honor Major-General Friedrich Wilhelm Baron von Steuben at Historic New Bridge Landing on Sunday, 1 to 5pm with the Re-enactors of the Third NJ Regiment (aka Jersey Blues) who will demonstrate military dress and skills of the American Revolution. At 4 PM, historian Kevin Wright will speak in the Steuben House on Baron von Steuben and his Jersey Estate, emphasizing his significant contribution to the training and organization of the American army.
Games of the Week
- Tennis at Fort Lee, Wednesday 4:15pm
- Volleyball vs. Fort Lee, Wednesday 4:15pm
- Boys Soccer vs. Fort Lee, Wednesday 6pm
- Girls Soccer at Fort Lee, Thursday 4:15pm
- Field Hockey at Ramsey, Thursday 7pm
- Boys Soccer at Cliffside Park, Friday 4:15pm
- Tennis vs. Cliffside Park, Friday 4:15pm
- Volleyball vs. Cliffside Park, Friday 4:15pm
- Football at Dwight Morrow, Friday 7pm
- Girls Soccer vs. Glen Rock, Saturday 11am
- Cross Country vs. St. Joseph Regional at Darlington, Wednesday 4pm
- Soccer at Don Bosco, Wednesday 7pm
- Soccer vs. Wayne Valley at FDU, Friday 8pm
- Cross Country at Magee Class Meet at Warinanco Park, Saturday 9am
- Football at St. Joseph Regional, Saturday 1pm