Hospice Volunteer Needed!! Bergen & Passaic Counties
- Organization: Compassionate Care Hospice - Fairlawn Office
- Causes: Health
- Date(s): All year long - ongoing volunteering opportunities
- Contact person: Kim Urquhart
- Phone: 201-796-5600
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.cchnet.net
Are you a good listener?
Do you enjoy meeting new people?
Do you enjoy making a difference in someone's' life?
If you answered "YES" to any of these questions, then this is the volunteer opportunity for you!! We are seeking caring and compassionate individuals to become volunteers for Compassionate Care Hospice!!
Volunteers are rewarded with making a difference in a patients life, a simple act go a very long way!!
We are a community based hospice program that provides services throughout Bergen and Passaic Counties, in home settings, skilled nursing facilities and assisted living facilities. Hospice is providing end of life care to the terminally ill, who have various life ending illnesses.
*** Free Training Provided***
How volunteers can help? Become a Patient Volunteer or Office Volunteer!!
Trained patient volunteers provide many different services:
- Emotional support - active listening to the patient and their family, holding the patient's hand when he/she needs it or by just being there when they need to talk.
- Relief for the family - sitting with the patient so they can run an errand, provide companionship when the family cannot be there.
- Primary caregiver - sitting with the patient, making phone calls, support for the patient and family.
- Special skills - if you have a special skill we want to know about it, do you play guitar, piano, do you provide Reiki, Massage Therapist, Beautician, Barbour, and we welcome everyone!
We are looking for volunteers to spend time with patients, reading to them, doing various activities, assisting with recreation activities. Providing companionship is the most important skill!
Trained office volunteers provide many different office services:
- Admission packets - putting together packets, making copies for packets
- Filing - do some light filing of patient's paperwork into their files
- Projects - various office projects